little banner

mouth of the Grand River near BrunswickThe expedition camped at the mouth of the Grand River on June 13, 1804. The next day Lewis and Clark climbed a hill near the site of the present day town of Brunswick and remarked on the beauty of the surrounding countryside. The hill has come to be known as Captain's Hill.

Members of the Manitou Bluffs Mid-Missouri Chapter have constructed a sign here commemorating the hill and telling some of the history of the area.Captain's Hill and Sign