little banner
Hermann

The town of Hermann in the center of the Missouri Rhineland was built by German immigrants who found this area that Lewis and Clark had visited in May 1804 well suited for growing grapes for wine. Many of the homes, farms and vineyards that they established remain today.

On an island near what would become the town of Hermann, Lewis and Clark formally organized the Corps of Discovery.